Cover letter for internship
Writing a cover letter to help you land a great internship? Here's an example of a pitch that hits all the right notes.
Use these cover letter tips to get an internship.
Writing a cover letter to get an internship can be intimidating. By using well-chosen words, you can make a good impression. While your letter needs to be customized to individual circumstances, this sample cover letter below can help an aspiring intern's cause.
For additional writing tips, join Monster today, so the experts at Monster's Resume Writing Service can help you impress employers with a high-impact resume and cover letter for an internship.
451 Highland Ave. #45 | Sometown, TX 75000 | (555) 555-5555
Jan. 5, 2017
Mr. James Crowley
555 W. Applegarth Blvd.
Anytown, TX 75000
Dear Mr. Crowley:
Two of your former interns, Brian Hodges and Martha Smith, suggested I contact you regarding finance internship opportunities. They are familiar with my background and felt I would be an excellent match for your summer internship program.
Currently a junior majoring in finance at UNT, I have demonstrated strong academic performance in all finance courses, maintaining a 3.5 GPA in my major. The courses I have completed have given me a solid foundation in the tools, processes and methodologies involved in the successful analysis and management of portfolio-investment strategies. I have a proven ability to learn challenging concepts quickly and have developed competencies in diverse areas, including:
In addition to my analytical strengths, I bring to the table advanced computer skills (with cross-platform exerptise in Windows and Mac); expertise in the MS Office suite of products; and familiarity with programming languages including SQL, HTML and VB.
Since starting college, I have worked part-time (summers/holidays/evenings) as a clerk at Wal-Mart. In this position, I have earned a reputation for consistently exceeding company and customer expectations. Wal-Mart's store manager has asked me to return this summer, but I yearn to gain corporate finance experience. I am impressed by Acme's innovation and success, and I would very much like to be part of such a winning company.
The enclosed resume provides more details of my skills and achievement track record. If you agree that I would make a valuable addition to your team, please feel free to call me at (555) 555-5555 or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org. I know you are busy, so thank you for your time, and I look forward to speaking with you.
Cover Letter Tips for Healthcare
Searching for employment may seem like a massive undertaking, but a few good choices can make finding jobs in Healthcare much easier. Here are a few tips to help guide you.
1. Take career assessments to bring clarity to your search by identifying your strengths, weaknesses and interests. Its easier to move forward when you have an understanding of what you want to do and what you bring to the table.
2. Mentally prepare for your job search to take a while. You shouldnt be pessimistic, but its psychologically helpful to acknowledge that looking for jobs in Healthcare may take longer than you initially expect. Understanding this reality from the start could help keep you going if your search begins to drag on.
3. Make good use of your networks. Rely on your colleagues, family and friends to help find good prospects. They may have access to valuable information or contacts that could shorten your path to gainful employment.
4. Follow up relentlessly. Unless youre given a firm refusal, you should commit to checking the status of your application with a prospective employer every few days to a week. Show them your commitment and tenacity.
5. Make a daily or weekly schedule of your job search. Organizing your activities is important to the success of your efforts. It preserves your forward momentum and helps keep you from being overwhelmed by multiple applications.