We review more than just your grammar and syntax. We make major suggestions regarding your content and flow.
Our team of medical admissions editors and Dr. Jessica Freedman, MedEdits founder, will transform your admissions documents so they are compelling and tell your unique story.
MedEdits has a deep understanding of your “target audience” and can help you write a medical school personal statement and admissions documents that are captivating and persuasive. Some clients start working with MedEdits by having a one hour Discovery/Brainstorming session when we discuss what topics should be addressed in the personal statement and application as well as other topics related to your candidacy as time permits. Alternatively, a la carte editing services can also be purchased below. MedEdits does not generate written materials on your behalf, but, as part of the editing process, we offer extensive written suggestions regarding what activities, achievements, and personal challenges your written work should address. We suggest how to highlight those experiences, story lines, and topics that medical admissions officers find especially significant. Read examples of medical school personal statements, application entries, and secondary essays in The MedEdits Guide to Medical School Admissions.
If you don't need comprehensive, start-to-finish personal statement assistance, but need help perfecting a draft you already have, then we recommend our hourly plans. This way, you only pay for what you need.
Here’s how it works:
- Review and critique the macro - send your drafts to your consultant who reviews them for overall readability and interest. She checks if you have:
- Answered the question.
- Presented yourself distinctively.
- Organized your personal statements logically.
- Developed engaging openings and effective conclusions.
- Your consultant provides feedback and recommends ways to improve. You revise and then send the revised versions back.
- Edit the micro - After your consultant checks the macro level, she focuses on the micro, specifically clarity, grammar, style, spelling, and word usage. She then sends you drafts with suggested corrections.
- Submit your awesome personal statements!
How much to buy? That depends on the number of drafts as well as the quality of your writing. You can obtain a free estimate before purchasing or use the estimate guidelines to purchase and proceed ASAP.
You can use the time you purchase for any hourly Accepted service including interview coaching and resume editing.