Healthcare Managers oversee the various operations of medical institutions. They are responsible for fiscal and daily operations of hospitals, clinics, and group medical offices. Healthcare Managers prepare budgets, manage healthcare delivery, supervise staff and promote community education focusing on the services available at their respective facility. Healthcare Managers also ensure that the medical facility in their charge operate within state and federal healthcare regulations and adhere to all healthcare laws. In addition to medical facilities, Healthcare Managers might also be employed by public health departments, medical consulting firms or insurance companies.
The list below describes the skills and abilities that are often discussed in a Healthcare Manager cover letter.
Discover how these skills can be mentioned in a professional Healthcare Manager cover letter by taking a look at the sample below.
Dear Mr. Wallace:
I have recently learned of your Healthcare Manager vacancy and am submitting my resume at this time to be considered for this role in your facility. I bring over ten years experience and strong leadership and problem-solving skills that will benefit your organization.
Throughout my career, I have successfully created and implemented departmental budgets, recruited and trained staff members and ensured the highest quality healthcare delivery for patients in both small medical office practices and large hospitals. I have continually managed and often cut costs, increased revenue, and maintained reliable healthcare for any institution I served as Healthcare Manager.
In my role, I have updated healthcare information systems, improved care staff training and increased federal and state compliance to healthcare standards for the medical facilities I managed. Also, I have managed budgets for claims processing, supply chain operations, diagnostic services, occupational therapy and pain management for two large hospitals in New York and Pennsylvania.
I have highlighted a few of my career successes and qualifications below that I feel best illustrate my ability to assume the role of Healthcare Manager for your facility:
- Monitored and balanced budgets for 15+ departments for Bellwether Hospital
- Conducted analysis of surgery expenses and created budget to save Elmert Medical Center over $60,000 in surgical expenses over a one-year period
- Improved customer service and healthcare delivery for patients at Blue Crest Medical Center as indicated in a 20% increase in favorable responses on patient surveys
- Awarded Bachelor of Science in Healthcare Management from Winston-Salem State University
- Awarded Master of Management from Duke University
Throughout the course of my career, I have maintained effective oral and written communications with medical personnel, vendors, administrative staff and other professionals in the field, leading to strong relationships with administrators, sales representatives and department leaders to ensure the successful and cost-effective operations of various medical facilities.
I look forward to the opportunity to discuss my experience and qualifications in person. I am available for a personal interview at your earliest convenience.
Thank you for your consideration.
Clifton K. Christensen
Sample Cover letter for Healthcare Project Manager
In order to acquire post of Healthcare Project Manager you need to prepare eye catchy cover letter along with your resume. Writing content oriented cover letter can assist in creating good impression in the mind of employers.
(Write your name and address)
702 Tavern Place
(Write Employer’s name and address)
El Paso Corporation
409 Gnatty Creek Road
(In first paragraph, include the information like why you are writing, position you are applying for and source of the job listing)
There may be many candidates in competition for Healthcare Project Manager and I am one among them but can assure of putting complete hard work. El Paso Corporation is well known name in market and its Huntington is also quiet convenient to travel. Source giving information about job profile matches accurately with my working experience.
(In second paragraph, include the summary of your work experience.)
My work experience includes:
- Implemented lab software for regional Laboratory for patient tracking & related functions, integrated with Medical Manager software
- Upgraded Medical Clinic practice management billing & laboratory software, as well as communications & infrastructure for Y2K
- Implemented Practice Management systems including Billing software (Medical Manager, most recently acquired by Sage,
- Developed proprietary Surgery Scheduling software for surgeons, surgical staff & medical supplies & instruments, etc.
- Developed & implemented automated specialty-focused patient encounter forms, integrated with billing system
(In third paragraph, thanks the employer and include the information about how you follow up)
It’s a request to schedule the meeting so that you can personally meet me and make out my capability of gaining the post. Apart from this my experience and amount of knowledge will speak out in my work. Kindly reply soon.
Filed Under: Cover Letter