To be a successful candidate for tech jobs, resume expert Kim Isaacs says it helps to have a comprehensive resume. If writing your resume for a junior software QA tester job is testing your patience, check out this sample she created for ideas on how you can improve your resume—or download the entry-level QA software tester resume template in Word. And if you need more help, get a free resume evaluation today from the experts at Monster's partner TopResume.
8901 Meadow Way, #389
Sometown, NJ 08094
Available for Extensive Travel
Able to Relocate
JUNIOR SOFTWARE QA TESTER
Experience in Manual & Automated Testing for Software Quality Assurance (SQA)
Knowledgeable in Open-Source Automation Tools (Selenium, Agile, soapUI)
Familiar with Object-Oriented Programming in .Net and Java
SQA Tools & Best Practices
Test Cases, Plans & Scripts
Defect & Bug Discovery
Technical Specification Analysis
System & Unit Testing
Tracking, Logging & Reporting
Program Logic & Optimization
Software Architecture Technologies
ABC COMPANY — Sometown, NJ
Junior QA Tester, 6/2016 to Present
Perform system, unit, acceptance, regression, load and functional/performance testing on dozens of applications using both automated and manual testing methods. Validate, verify, communicate and resolve software issues through careful, thoroughly documented testing to maximize return on investment (ROI) for IT initiatives.
- Identified, documented and reported bugs, errors, interoperability flaws and other issues within proprietary software applications developed for ABC Company’s global user base.
- Demonstrated methodical, detail-oriented and thorough approach to all assignments while adhering to compressed timelines. Complete all assignments on or ahead of schedule.
- Consistently recognized for excellent problem-solving and analytical skills by programmers, project managers and supervisors.
- Worked collaboratively with QA, development and business groups to complete comprehensive testing on 2 major new releases.
“…Despite her junior status, Darla is one of the leaders on my QA team…Many programmers personally request Darla for their QA efforts due to her technical knowledge and ability to complete jobs quickly and accurately…” — Performance Review Excerpts, ABC Company
Education & Certifications
AS in Computer Science, 6/2016 XYZ TECHNICAL COLLEGE — Sometown, NJ
Certifications: ICAgile Certified Professional (ICP) Certified Software Test Professional (CSTP)
soapUI, Selenium Suite (Selenium IDE, Selenium Server, Selenium Remote Control, Selenium Grid, Selenium Java Client Driver); Agile; Silk Test; HPE Unified Functional Testing (UFT), HP LoadRunner, HP Performance Center
Strong foundation in .Net and Java; basic familiarity with C# and XML
To be the successful job candidate for quality assurance jobs, it helps to have a comprehensive resume, says resume expert Kim Isaacs. This sample resume that she created below for a senior QA tester can give you some ideas. You can also download the experienced QA software tester resume template in Word. And if you need more help, get a free resume evaluation today from the experts at Monster's Resume Writing Service.
Automated Test Systems | Quality Methodologies | QA Team Leadership
- Senior software QA tester with full system development lifecycle experience, including designing, developing and implementing test plans, test cases and test processes fueling swift corrective actions, significant cost savings and fault-free audits.
- Hands-on technology professional accustomed to working in complex, project-based environments. Multifaceted experience in QA software testing, software development and user-acceptance testing.
- Backed by strong credentials including a computer science degree, PMP certification, Six Sigma Green Belt and computer analytics certificate; advanced command of various testing suites, agile methodologies and monitoring tools; and cross-platform skills in Windows, Linux and Unix.
ABC COMPANY — Sometown, FL
Software developer specializing in transportation, airline and defense sector solutions.
Senior Software Quality Assurance Tester, 4/12 to Present
Serve as a key member of software development team as the lead QA tester on development projects for government, DoD and transportation industry clients. Supervise a five-member software QA testing team in developing and implementing quality-assurance and quality-control methodologies to ensure compliance with QA standards, federal regulations and customer specifications. Results:
- Created and executed automated software test plans, cases and scripts to uncover, identify and document software problems and their causes. Led QA testing that:
- Prevented hundreds of thousands of dollars in erroneous charges to Florida Turnpike drivers by identifying software bug in automated toll-collection system.
- Pinpointed previously undiscovered flaw in new DoD missile-detection system prototype, resulting in formal commendation letter from the DoD.
- Identified the root cause of intermittent interoperability glitch in air-traffic control software, leading to a no-fault audit finding.
- Transitioned software development efforts to a test-driven development (TDD) process, which brought QA testing in on the front-end of the development cycle for gains in code quality, software functionality and programmer productivity.
- Conducted formal and informal product design reviews throughout the software development lifecycle to provide input on functional requirements, product designs, schedules and potential issues. Leveraged developer background to communicate effectively with software design team, quickly gaining their respect and becoming a valued, “go-to” team member on challenging test cases.
XYZ GROUP — Sometown, GA
External testing group providing quality-assurance assessment of software, hardware and systems.
Lead QA Tester, Software & Systems Group, 8/08 to 3/12
QA Tester, Software Solutions Group, 8/04 to 8/08
Promoted to serve as lead QA tester, overseeing quality-assurance testing and teams for client software and systems development projects. Performed system, unit, performance, load, regression, stress and data interface testing. Provided client developer teams with detailed reports on quality metrics, identified bugs/flaws and recommended fixes. Results:
- Created company’s first comprehensive database of documented test defects and procedures to enable accurate replication and ensure compliance with standards. Accelerated average QA testing turn-around time by 25% or more, allowing company to accept more testing projects without increasing staff.
- Designed and implemented automated testing tools and programs addressing areas including database impacts, software scenarios, regression testing, negative testing, error/bug retests and usability.
- Documented software defects using bug tracking system and reported defects involving program functionality, output, online screen and content to software developers.
- Delivered thorough QA testing reports that determined product quality and release readiness.
DEF COMPANY— Sometown, GA
Software solutions provider specializing in mobile technologies.
Software Developer, 8/02 to 8/04
Worked on teams developing state-of-the-art software for mobile devices, including the #3 selling GPS solution in the US (2003). Analyzed business requirements, conducted gap analysis, estimated project scope and worked closely with fellow developers to deliver high-quality software solutions using Java, C#, VBScript, SQL and other technologies.
123 COMPANY — Sometown, WA
Nationwide software development company.
User-Acceptance Testing Specialist (contract/part time), 6/00 to 6/02
Assisted with user-acceptance testing and defect tracking for three new software releases. Offered full-time UAT position after graduating from college (respectfully declined to accept software developer job).
XYZ UNIVERSITY — Sometown, FL
Graduate Certificate in Computer Analytics, 2009
ABC UNIVERSITY — Sometown, GA
BS in Computer Science, 2002
PMI-Certified Project Management Professional (PMP), 2010
Six Sigma Green Belt, 2008
HP Quality Center; HPE Unified Functional Testing (UFT); HP SiteScope; HP Unified Functional Testing; HP LoadRunner; Selenium Suite; Agile; SoapUI; SilkTest; Introscope; Dynatrace; Compuware Gomez; Java; C#; VBScript; SQL; .NET; XML
Take this next step in your job search
You spend all those years accumulating software knowledge and developing your expertise, so you deserve to be noticed. When your resume is polished and ready to go, it's time to put it to the test. Need some help finding jobs for an experienced software tester? Become a Monster member and you'll be able up to five versions of your resume, each highlighting a different sought-after skill. Recruiters search Monster every day hoping to fill top jobs with awesome, qualified candidates—just like you.
- SQA Testing & Methodologies
- Test Plans, Cases & Processes
- Functional Requirements
- Scripting & Documentation
- Regression & Negative Testing
- UI & Compatibility Testing
- Data Interface & Migration Testing
- Performance/Load/Stress Testing
- Testing Automation
- Defect/Bug Tracking
- Test Strategies & Coverages
- QA & QC Standards