123 Main Street, Stateland, ST, 99999 H: 5551239876 C: 5551239876
Aug 25, 2013
Children’s Aid Society
369 E. 148th Street
Bronx, NY 10455
RE: Case Manager
Dear Evelyn Coleman,
Thank you for taking time out of your busy day on Wednesday to contact me in regards to the current open position for Case Manager. I am very excited of this opportunity as obtaining such position would allow me to further strengthen and develop skills that will help me succeed in my future career as a clinical social worker.
As a mentioned during our conversation, my relevant qualifications include my B.A. in Psychology. Currently, I hold an internship at the Domestic Violence Program for Northern Manhattan Improvement Corporation. As an intern, I am responsible for case management services and program planning and development. Here I refined my relationship-building skills and time management skills. Additionally, I hold a position at City College of New York as a Counseling College Assistant for Student Support Resources. As a Counseling College Assistant, I am mainly responsible for managing counseling appointments for our students and staff, maintaining appropriate records, and processing emergency grants applications. In addition to my extensive office experience, I have strong communication, leadership, and administrative skills. Please find below an attached copy of my resume for a more detailed look at my skills and experience. I am confident that my experience, coupled with my dedication and enthusiasm will enable me to make valuable contributions to your organization.
Again, I appreciate your time and consideration for this exciting opportunity. Please let me know if I can provide you with any further information about my background or qualifications. I look forward to meeting with you tomorrow.
Mental Health Counselor Cover Letter
Mental Health Counselors provide guidance and advice to individuals and groups to promote mental health and emotional well-being. Types of issues their clients deal with include substance abuse, marital problems, aging, stress management, and poor self-esteem. Specific work activities of a Mental Health Counselor are: helping clients express their feelings, identifying personal issues, collecting information about clients, preventing suicide, maintaining treatment records, providing clients with solutions for dealing with their problems, monitoring client progress, and modifying treatment plans based on client feedback and changes in their status.
Essential skills and qualifications presented in a cover letter for Mental Health Counselor include:
- Counseling expertise and state license
- Empathy and a caring personality
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Stamina and a good level of energy
- Patience and perseverance
- Computer literacy
- Good listening skills
- An analytical approach
Beneath is provided a Mental Health Counselor cover letter example mentioning relevant skills and experience.
For help with your resume, check out our extensive Mental Health Counselor Resume Samples.
Dear Ms. Barnard:
When I learned of your search to add a new Mental Health Counselor to your clinical team, I felt compelled to submit my credentials for your consideration. With my proven experience assisting clients in overcoming both short- and long-term mental and emotional issues / disorders, I feel confident that I would significantly benefit your team.
From defining patient goals and conducting initial assessments to building trusting relationships and deftly managing administrative tasks, my extensive experience in therapeutic counseling has prepared me to make a strong contribution in this position. With expertise in supporting adults experiencing challenges such as addiction, mental illness, and psychosocial stressors, my additional strengths in communication and organization position me to thrive in this role.
Highlights of my background include:
- Providing individual, group, and milieu therapy for adults suffering from severe and chronic mental illness, substance use disorders, and co-morbid disorders during 13-year career as a counselor with the Jackson Street Outpatient Clinic in Chicago.
- Administering psychological assessments, designing individualized treatment plans, and leading interventions when necessary in collaboration with family members and staff.
- Addressing a breadth of service and resource needs by identifying and securing resources across the community, utilizing my extensive network of professional contacts.
- Producing documentation for counseling sessions, treatment plans, and utilization reviews while ensuring steadfast compliance with all safety and confidentiality regulations.
- Holding dual Master’s degrees in Clinical Psychology and Sociology from the University of Illinois, obtained in 2007.
With my comprehensive experience in mental health counseling and treatment, coupled with my unwavering dedication to helping those in need overcome challenges in their personal lives, I will swiftly surpass your expectations for this role.
I look forward to discussing the position in further detail; thank you for your consideration.
Mari R. Hong