Account manager cover letter
View this sample cover letter for an account manager, or download the account manager cover letter template in Word.
As a journalist, you know the importance of fostering relationships—that’s where a great cover letter can help. To be considered for top account manager jobs, your cover letter must demonstrate your skills and experience, as well as your passion for working with people. For writing tips, view this sample cover letter for an account manager, or download the account manager cover letter template in Word.
Additionally, you can look for account manager jobs on Monster.
Account manager cover letter template
Sometown, FL 55555 | (555) 555-5555 | email@example.com
October 4, 2017
Mr. Nate Brooks
55 Main St.
Sometown, FL 55555
Re: Account Manager, Job. Ref. #12345 Advertised on Monster
Dear Mr. Brooks:
As a solutions-focused commercial insurance account manager with 5 years of top-ranked experience, my qualifications are an excellent fit to the account manager position advertised on Monster.
Since joining XYZ Company 3 years ago as an account manager (commercial lines), I have built loyal, lasting relationships with small business customers spanning a range of industries. My passion for winning new business is matched by my drive to exceed customer expectations, and I have proven my strengths in each of these areas through my history of:
- Quota-surpassing production at XYZ for 3 years in a row.
- #1 scores in policyholder satisfaction amongst account managers region-wide for the past 2 years.
- Top 3 results in the number of new commercial general liability (CGL), Workers Compensation (WC) and commercial property insurance policies written in the state of Florida during the past year.
These results are reproducible for ABC Corporation. If hired, I would be able to “hit the ground running” as a top-performing account manager, lead generator and sales closer.
Backed by P&C licensure, I take pride in helping my clients mitigate risk and guard against losses. I have demonstrated strong communication skills with each of my accounts, and deliver outstanding service by thoroughly explaining features, benefits and coverage options to promote insurance plans optimally suited to customer needs.
Client service is regarded as a key factor behind ABC Corporation’s success as one of the nation’s premier insurance agencies. Let’s discuss how my commitment to the customer experience would add value to your winning team. Please call me at (555) 555-5555 to set up an interview.
See all sample cover letters on Monster.
Account Manager Cover Letter
Account Managers, or Accounts Managers, follow trends in their specific industries, such as marketing or technology, in an effort to create and maintain business accounts for a variety of new and present clients.
Sometimes a candidate’s cover letter can make or break his or her application. Employers want to get a good sense from your cover letter that you are equipped with the skills and experience necessary to get the job done.
Job descriptions for Account Managers show such duties as:
- Providing oversight and strategic management for billing and Accounts Receivable teams
- Ensuring accuracy in generating and validating billing, collections, audit support, unbilled receivable reconciliation, and the final closeout of contracts
- Working closely with assigned Senior Account Managers to ensure that the client s needs are being met
A sample cover letter for an Account Manager which serves as a good example of the skills and experience required for this position appears below.
Also, be sure to check out our extensive Account Manager resume samples.
Dear Ms. Edith Byrd:
As a successful Account Manager with experience leading teams to generate unsurpassed revenue growth, I am an extremely focused, driven and results-oriented leader. I have extensive skills in the areas of revenue acceleration, market analysis, B2B sales, and development of major marketing initiatives.
I am now seeking the opportunity to utilize my experience for your firm as a National Accounts Manager.
My highlights range from continuously meeting multi-million dollar goals to developing key partnerships. A sample of key contributions includes:
- Generated an average $2.1M in annual revenue.
- Created and maintained the highest producing branch in the company, through development of sales scripts, marketing techniques, and hands-on sales management in order to increase growth. Averaged 50% of company’s total revenue.
- Implemented file quality control measures, increasing monthly sales 18-20% and reduced operating costs by 8%.
- Awarded Manager of the Year for consistently exceeding sales goals.
I am a dedicated consultive sales expert with in-depth knowledge of client relationship management and leveraging sales techniques in order to grow market share. I possess the ability to clearly relate complex solutions to clients. My leadership skills enable me to turn around non-performing teams into profitable units generating new business.
I would welcome the opportunity to discuss my offerings with you in a more personal setting and I have included my contact information for your convenience. Thank you in advance for your consideration and I look forward to our conversation.